Thursday, January 29, 2009

Back to normal....sorta

OK, so I am no better at blogging than I am at emailing! It's been more than a week, and I am FINALLY posting. Lots has been going on...I was sick(again-no luck with the "24 hr bug"-more like"3 day bug"!), then John, then Cooper again(with a cough this time)...do we see a trend? Oh, yeah, now I can't stop coughing! Calgon, take me away! Could be worse, I need to stop griping.
We weathered the ICE STORM 2009 fairly well. And, sorry Ang, I am no better at reading my peeps' blogs than I am at posting, or I would have offered to put you and D up for the night! HK isn't the only one who loves you! ; ) oh, and Meatball, too! Anyway, we didn't ever lose our power (not trying to rub it in! just lucky!), but Coop and I got to spend some quality time together. My office was closed Tuesday due to no power, and Wednesday 'cause of slick roads, so I got to "play playdough" with Coop, we did some art, read some books, watched some "Nogins" as Coop likes to say. Wed. I started getting sick, so I took a couple Benadryl. BIG mistake! I should have known better, it totally knocked me out! Cooper kept saying "wake up, Mommy...wanna play playdough with me?" Even in my almost comatose state, it was too cute to resist! But, like all good things, our snow/ice days came to an end. We went back to normal routine today. John, on the other hand, is still working 12 hr days at OG&E. The guys are all working really hard to get everyone's power back on. A couple crews are going north to help according to John. I hate that he is having to work so much, but OT....come to mama! We sure can use the extra $. who couldn't?!
On a sadder note, Angie told me that Dr. Rex Russell died today. He was such a wonderful person. I worked with Dr. Russell at Sparks several yrs ago. I hadn't seen him in a long time, but will not soon forget him. I ask that all who read this, even though most of you never knew him, say a prayer for his family. I know they need all that they can get. I know that Dr. Russell is in a better place, and most certainly, smiling down on us all. He always had a smile on his face. He will be greatly missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment